PRE PREP (Kindergarten Program)
Bayside Park Early Education Centre is an approved Kindergarten Program Provider. Our Kindergarten Program is delivered by a Registered Teacher and aims to provide children with the foundation they need to succeed as they progress through their education. A key feature of our Pre-Prep Class is that it makes connections between children’s prior experiences at home and what they will do at Preparatory and School.
The learning experiences in the Pre-Prep Class include:
· Pre-reading and Pre-writing;
· Physical health promotion/development;
· Music and Movement;
· Dramatic Play;
· Self-help Skills;
· Preparation for School.
These learning experiences will help children to:
- understand and use language to group, sort and describe objects and to communicate ideas, feelings and needs;
- develop early literacy and numeracy skills;
- develop independence and problem-solving skills;
- learn how to cooperate with others;
- listen, respond and give directions;
- increase self-confidence.